Source: Amy Hart
- 8 ounces 99% lean ground turkey
- 1 Large Egg (beaten)
- 2 TBSP breadcrumbs (I used Ian's whole wheat panko)
- 1/4 tsp Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- A few dashes of hot sauce
- Olive Oil Spray
- 2 slices fat free cheese ( I used Swiss)
- 2 Whole Wheat Buns
- 1 Jalapeño sliced thin
- 2 TBSP low-fat mayonnaise
Optional Burger toppings: Lettuce, Onion, Tomatoes
1. Preheat a grill or grill pan to med-high heat.
2. In a medium bowl mix the egg and the breadcrumbs.
3. Add in the turkey, salt, and hot sauce and mix until combined.
4. Shape evenly into 2 patties and spray the patties with olive oil spray.
5. Place the patties in the grill pan and cook 2-3 minutes per side. Add the cheese to the patties with about 1 minute left.
6. Place the bottom of the bun on a plate (toasted if desired) and top with burger toppings of your choice and jalapeño slices. Follow with the patty. Spread the mayo on the top bun and serve.
Yield: 2 servings
Nutritional info: 325 calories, 11 g fat, 21 g carbs, 36 g protein, 3 g sugar
(Calculated from myfitnesspal.com)
Post a Comment