Source: Adapted from Devin Alexander
- 6 Potato and Cheddar Pierogies (I used Mrs. T's)
- Olive oil spray ( I use my Misto*)
- 4 ounces of fully cooked kielbasa ( I used Hillshire Farms turkey sausage)
- 1/2 cup sauerkraut ( from a bag or jar....not canned)
- 1/2 red or yellow bell pepper sliced in strips
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Boil the Pierogies according to directions.
2. Place a nonstick skillet over med-high heat. Mist the pan with the spray and add sausage, sauerkraut, peppers, and seasonings. Cook 4-5 mins until warmed through.
3. Drain Pierogies and place in serving bowl. Top with sausage and sauerkraut mixture.
Yield: 2 servings
Nutrition info per serving: 350 calories, 12 g fat, 39 g carbs, 15 g protein. This dish is a bit high in sodium....in case you are watching that intake.
*Misto Oil Sprayer....much healthier than the cooking sprays you buy in the store. Who wants to eat propellant?
Post a Comment